Opal Glow, Amethyst, Copper Peach, Aquamarine
- My collection keeps growing with these highlight pigmented palettes. I was skeptical at first but playing with different application techniques (different brushes or fingertips) makes mixing colors so fun. I love the texture and vibrancy of the brights I have and the more neutral palettes are so easy for everyday. Currently I can't stop wearing the Opal Glow bc I pop it on my cheeks for a dewy look and on eyes it has an amazing shine that reminds me of a makeup forever metallic eyeshadow I reach for often. You can't beat this price point for the quality.
Overall Quite Lovely
- I've tried a few of these palettes and I absolutely adore the shimmer that they give off. They are very blendable and they range from lovely shades that are very complimentary. For the most part, you get what you see concerning color, all accept for the Aquamarine Dream that I tried. I was expecting it to be very bold, but it was much more toned down. Pixie is a more natural brand, though, so it makes sense that it would be more neutral.
A lovely addition.
I have the 'Plum Quartz' palette as I wanted something for natural day looks to darker looks if I wanted. I really like the softness of this product; I don't feel like it's gritty or too heavy. I say gritty because it does have these slight shimmer/glitter in it, which I don't usually go for because I'm generally a contact wearer.
However, I don't find the shimmer irritates my eyes, nor falls out of place. The individual shades blend well, although I think the brush you use (especially a 'buffer brush') makes a whole difference. But even with your fingers this palette works well.
These aren't too pigmented, but you can build up if you want to. Again, I think for eyes especially, finding brushes that suit you will work wonders for eye make-up. I'm still on the hunt for mine, but there is this lovely one a staff member from KoKo used on me- it was amazing and I feel it would make me experiment more with this palette.
I gave this 3 stars only because I prefer matte shades and would LOVE it if all these palettes came in matte versions- or at the very least had half shimmer and half matte.
Other than that, a great purchase and a lovely addition to my make-up. This would also be a great palette for those just getting into make-up because of how easy it is, and because of the awesome variety of palettes that there is now. Pop it into a filled or partly filled cosmetic bag and you got yourself a nice pressie for someone. :)
- I purchased the Aquamarine Dream palette at Target today after drooling over it on line for a while, and I am not disappointed. The colors are lovely, and wear like a dream with the perfect amount of shimmer. My only gripe is that the applicator isn't very effective, but I normally use brushes anyway. I will definitely be buying some of the other colors!
- Great combination of colors within each palette. So many combinations to create. From subtle to bold.
- I had high hopes for the Pixi eyeshadow palletes but Pixi failed on these eyeshadows by a long shot. I brought The opal glow palette because I love the colors. However, the pigmentation is crap! I could have brought Wet n Wild palette for 4 dollars and get better quality. I have no idea if it is just this palette that has this problem or all of them.I could only find maybe 2 or 3 colors that had some pigmentaion that I could work with. The only upside is their packaging. I am wary of buying the eyeshadows again. Pixi needs to work on their eyeshadow formula!
You will love these colors.
- You will fall in love with the colors and feel of these shadows. If you want a natural eye look up some of Petra's videos. I watched a few and changed my eye techniques then I got compliments on how my new makeup suited me and looked natural (even if using darker colors). I'm all about Pixi now and have been recommending the brand to family.
Plum Quartz palette is beautiful!
- I bought the plum quartz palette at target. The colors are beautiful and stayed on my entire work day. I do use an eye primer with them. I really liked the texture - they were not dry when I swatched them on my hand.
Bold and beautiful
- I first experienced Pixi eye shadow from an Ipsy bag. At the time I had just purchased an expensive shadow palette from another company, and even though I liked that one, I found myself reaching for the Pixi sample instead. I decided I needed to expand on that, so I bought this palette in Copper Peach. I absolutely love the bold but not overpowering colors. The shadow applies easily and stays on all day. I couldn't ask for more.
- It all started with ipsy sending me eye shadow duo. Now I have 6 pixi products. Love, love the quality and the richness of Pixi products...I am hooked!!!
What it is formulated to do:
Look fresh in moments with these pretty palettes! Mineral formula reflects light away from imperfections while gemstone-inspired tones enhance your natural eye beauty. Shades specifically coordinated for foolproof eye enhancement.
Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
Vitamin E nourishes and protects delicate skin around the eye
|Has a video||No|
Copper Peach INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].
Plum Quartz INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].
Emerald Gold INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007)].
Ingredients are subject to change. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.