Taupe shades great for pale neutral skin
My skin is very pale, runs neutral but I also have redness. So shades that are too cool look bad, but shades that are too warm accentuate the redness in my skin and look orange on the skin.
These taupe shades are perfect, not too cool and not too warm. These shades don't do anything to really "flatter" my skin or highlight my blue eye color, but that's okay. To get the basic look down these are perfect as at least they don't clash with my skin, and then on top I can use a really flattering highlight color. lid color, or eyeliner (the pixi eyeliner in "copperglow" is amazing with blue eyes and pale neutral skin!) to make my eye color pop and highlight the eye area a little more.
The formulation goes on smoothly with good payoff and blends really nicely. Really nothing bad to say about these. Thank you Pixi for making a true taupe set of shades for us hard to match skintones outside of the typical cool/warm palettes.
- I love these palettes! They go on quite a bit smoother than the Mesmerizing Mineral Palettes and blend beautifully. I bought the Shades of Daylight and Shades of Taupe palettes, both of which I love. The taupe coordinates well with purple (my favorite color) and would probably be flattering for brown eyes.
- I have the Shades of Daylight and I absolutely love the colors. They are very summery and give a golden kiss to the eye. I think they are my new favorite eye shadow colors right now!
- These colors are so lovely, everyday colors. I use this quad for work because I want to keep the neutral look but still have a sheen. Would try other colors.
- I bought the "shades of taupe" quad, which included 2 matte and 2 shimmer shades. 3 of the 4 shades were purple toned taupes of varying intensities and the fourth shade is a light pink matte highlight/base shade. These shadows are very buttery and apply smoothly with strong color payoff. I like that both mattes and shimmers were included- you can easily create complete eye looks using just this palette. Pixi knocks it out of the park again! Highly recommend.
- all these quads have absolutely gorgeous colors and are very easy to use and look beautiful on any eye shade!
- These shadow quads are beautiful, enchanting any eye look and looking amazing! they are shimmery and make your eyes pop!
so creamy and nice!
- these eyeshadows are so creamy and nice and blend beautifully wherever you use them! I absolutely love and definitely give it 5 stars!
gorgeous pigments with no fall out!
- I purchased the Shades of Peach and am completely in love! The colors complement my hazel eyes perfectly!! I mostly wear shimmery eye shadows as I love the way it brightens up my fairly small eyes, but am so pleased this comes with a matte shade. The light pink is perfect for the inner corner and the color payoff lasts all day. I work a pretty physical job at a grocery store in the morning and a steamy coffee stand in the afternoon and rarely feel the need to touch up my eyes. They all blend beautifully and I am constantly receiving complements from customers!!
Shades of Daylight- Delight!!
I love this Quartette. The Shades of Daylight suit ladies with brown eyes and really warms up the face. I do wish there was at least one matt shade. They all have some sheen/shimmer to them which make them a little too fancy for day time. One matt shade would of made this palette a perfect 10/10 for me.
They are all great quality and very buttery soft, easy to apply, great colour pay off and highly pigmented. They blend like a dream and a little goes a long way. You can really intensify the colours easily without too much work. And they apply wonderfully to the lid and all 4 of them work together in one look or separately.
Like I said only down side is no Matte shades to make it day time, work appropriate but apart from that a wonderful Quartette.
What it is formulated to do:
Custom mixed formulas from satin to iridescent are super silky and give instant lustre. Suit-all shades transition easily from day to night and blend like a dream. With added coated mineral pigments to reflect the light plus good-for-you nutrients.
Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
- Mica provides dense natural pigment
- Vitamin E protects the skin
|Has a video||Yes|
Lighter shades designed to be swished on with a single stroke over lid, brow bone and under eye for eye-brightening effect.
Darker shades can be used in crease and as liner to sculpt & define eyes. Use a large fluffy brush for a sheer effect, or a shorter bristle brush for more colour payoff.
Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isopropyl Myristate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, (Water / Propylene Glycol / Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract). May contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77492, 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007)].
Ingredients are subject to change. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.