I am really craving coral right now!
I have this MUST have / wear / look at / enjoy feeling about this shade right now…I tend to get very excited about colours – luckily it’s part of my job!
Now let’s dig deeper into this coral obsession around at the moment. Here are some facts about coral that I found:
Coral itself has been called the ‘garden of the sea’.
Coral symbolizes life and blood force energy and is considered to have healing properties.
The colour coral is a pinkish-orange hue.
The first recorded use of coral as a color name in English was in 1513.
Coral-pink shades are said to restore harmony to the heart & to aid depression, lethargy or deficient nutrition.
Now onto some much more serious matters, another favorite subject of mine…
Irresistable. Can you imagine wearing this ring with our new Pixi Nail Colour in Coral Cabana?! See further down in this post for this gorgeous colour.
Coral is also a summer dress colour of choice!
Teamed with a fedora had to hide hair sins, this look is perfect for a spring weekend shopping in the city.
Retro coral is my kind of coral…
Classic beauty. Feminine perfection in pastel hues of coral with matching scarf, top, cheeks & lips! LOVE!
If you have a wedding to go to this summer, one of these dresses would turn heads like nothing else!
To accessorize with coral, I choose this bag – it has plenty of room for all my coral lip balms and glosses
Coral Eye Liner!
I love to use a peachy-coral liner with some shimmer – somehow this really makes the eye whites pop and look super white!
See it in action in the below makeup by uber-makeup artist Dick Page from the Derek Lam Spring 2011 runway.
Fast Coral Colour Fixes
Whatever your skintone, there is a coral nail shade that suits you – it’s so bright and fresh.
Pixi Coral Cabana is a light coral with a brightness to it that is very attractive.
Pixi Vivid Coral is a super bright coral with a neon red undertone – really nice with a tan!
More unexpected than pink & softer than red, coral is a winner for lips.
Above are two of our best selling coral shades for lips right now…both are summer absolute must-haves and universally flattering. These teamed with a bronzer and some gold glow – stunning!
I think Jennifer Lopez must be the queen of coral & glow right now and she wears it to perfection!
To re-create this look, follow the steps below:
1. Find a natural looking bronzer (1 shade deeper than your skintone is best) with a neutral undertone (not orange and not too muddy brown either) – fluff this all over your face where you would normally tan.
2. Then enhance skin with a golden peach blush on the apples of the cheeks & also add a sweep of this over the eye lids.
3. Curl lashes (and apply individual eye lashes like Jennifer has in the photo above) or, for a lower maintenance eye, just apply several coats of fiber mascara & a black liquid liner as close to the lash roots as possible.
4. Now apply a nude highlighter 1 shade lighter than your skintone to top of cheekbones & all around eye area.
5. Finally, dot on a creamy coral lip colour (my personal current lip obsession is our new Tinted Brilliance Balm in Craving Coral). Ready!
Coral at Home
This hue is easy & fun to play around with if you feel like a quick dinner table update for summer season.
Check out these cheery coral plates…
Coral accent colour in my bedroom – I update my bedroom sheets to represent my mood and the season, just like i do my nails and lips and wardrobe…I know, it’s exhausting, but FUN!
Thank you so much for reading, and for all of your input – I hope to see you soon looking super cute in coral!