No doubt I am a hippie in my own mind & soul. I’ve noticed more and more lately that the things I love most in life are free spirited and little “happy crazy”.
Even my beauty philosophy is kind of hippie-ish…here are some of my personal “beauty rules”.
1. I’ve decided NO plastic-fantastic surgery. I will be a very natural aging Brigitte Bardot type – nothing fake, just raw naturalness. I am looking forward to being a little old hippie lady, much like the one below
2. I often take off my makeup with olive oil. I often get asked and, yes, I always take it off.
3. I cut lavender from my garden, sprinkle it into a hot bath at night & fall a sleep like a baby. When I travel, I take a little bottle of lavender oil and drip onto a pillow or my scarf on the airplane. Somehow it keeps me somewhat sane when I fly.
4. I dunk my face in ice water whenever possible (well, I am a Viking!) – add a few drops of rose essential oil for a slightly less painful experience. It’s a great “close-the-pores”, depuffing home facial.
5. I love to do a homemade mask by mashing an avocado and putting it all over my face for 15 minutes – it’s a great remedy for when your skin is feeling dry & looking lifeless.
HONEY AND AVOCADO FACE MASK
What you need:
Avocado pulp (medium ripe) – about ½ of the avocado
Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
Honey – 1 tablespoon
Cucumber – 2 slices
1. Smash avocado to create an even paste with the pulp.
2. Add yogurt and honey to the paste and stir well.
3. Apply the paste evenly to clean face & neck, putting cucumber slices on eyes to soothe while waiting for the mask to set – this should take about 15 minutes. Clean off with lukewarm water (and washcloth for extra exfoliation) in circular movements, patting dry when removed.
MY KIND OF HIPPIE MAKEUP LOOK
Nothing beats a really smudgy eye teamed with bronzed glowing skin in the summer. The beauty is in not looking like you are trying too hard!
These beauties below have cultivated this look to perfection, and all make it their own.
Here are some spring/summer must haves to re-create this look:
There is just something really attractive about a woman not trying too hard…Kate Moss certainly seems to have a natural knack for it!
Okay, in case we need more proof that I am in fact a true hippie, this is my guest house:
You want more proof? Here is my little hippie a few years back!
Nothing is lovelier than a hot beach, and I believe any woman is her most stunning while swimming in a salty ocean with messy hair, no makeup and in love…ahhhh yes, those were the days!
Here I am in Ibiza in my summer hippie look!…What – waaaaait a minute…that’s not me!
I love having lots of people around me in a casual way. So I recently realized that I was probably meant to live in a hippie commune…family and friends all mixed together, coming and going 24/7 – what a brilliant idea!
I would also LOVE to go traveling all over the US in a retro camper van with my family – in fact I must start to plan it right now!
On second thought…having thought about the whole commune thing, I think this house in Ibiza is probably more me…
Where is your perfect hippie hangout place this summer?